CompoundTek CEO to Speak at the EPIC World Photonics Technology Summit
Singapore, Aug 20, 2018 – CompoundTek, a leading commercial Silicon Photonics foundry service provider, today announced that Rajkumar, Chairman and CEO, will participate in the following photonics technology summit in August.
Event: EPIC World Photonics Technology Summit
Location: Hilton Brussels Grand Place, Carrefour de l’Europe 3, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Date: Thursday, Aug 30, 2018
Presentation Time: 2:40 p.m. Belgium time
The purpose of this unique Summit is to bring experts and leaders from industrial companies around the world to discuss photonics technology developments and challenges. The event is by invitation only at CTO/CEO level, 1 representative per company, with an audience of 120 participants from 28 countries.
This unique forum aims to address the main challenges of photonic technologies. Some of these challenges are:
- The Industry 4.0 challenge: Is it driven by and for Photonics?
- The healthcare challenge: Photonics innovation has a faster pace than clinical adoption, how can we change that?
- The transport challenge: LIDAR and camera systems for automotive are of key interest for TIER-1 suppliers, are we addressing their needs in functionality and price?
- The material challenge: As new photonics applications raised, many new requirements for material suppliers rise, while at the same time they are asked to keep volumes low. Is standardization the solution?
- Bringing the scientific goals to industry challenge: New scientific outcomes in quantum technologies, new concepts in space observation, ghost imaging, should have a clear map towards industry up-take. Are we addressing the longer-term applications of photonics?
- The production challenge: Is vertical integration the solution for production or is there a role for contract manufacturing.
Rajkumar’s topic will be “Is Silicon Photonics a Mainstream CMOS Foundry Offering?”
Rajkumar before becoming a Semiconductor Entrepreneur had more than 20 years in the semiconductor foundry business transforming and managing 200mm and 300mm world class fabs plus being responsible for a US$1.2B business unit. Foundries and innovative semiconductor business models has been very much part of his professional life and continues to be a key passion.
CompoundTek , a key start-up that Rajkumar founded together with other industry leaders is poised to address one of the main challenges of photonic technologies related to mass production of Silicon Photonics ICs.
At the same time, one of the technical advisors to CompoundTek, Dr. Wang Hong, will also be attending the said summit. Dr. Wang is currently a Professor in School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He is also the Director of Nanyang Nano Fabrication Centre (N2FC) and Deputy Director of Silicon Technologies – Centre of Excellence (Si-COE). He has authored or co-authored over 260 technical papers and 2 book chapters and filed 2 patents. His current research interests include III-V and Si Photonics, III-V devices and technology, micro- and nano-fabrication, RF Si MOS devices and technologies and RF MEMS.
EPIC is the industry association that promotes the sustainable development of organisations working in the field of photonics in Europe. Members encompass the entire value chain from LED lighting, Photovoltaic solar energy, Photonics Integrated Circuits, Optical components, Lasers, Sensors, Imaging, Displays, Projectors, Optic Fiber, and other photonic related technologies.
CompoundTek provides silicon photonics enhanced foundry services to convert customer designs into reality with proprietary manufacturing processes in dedicated 8” CMOS foundry. The fab supports fast turn-around full reticle field or Multi Project Wafers (MPW), and high-volume mass production requirements. For more information, please visit www.compoundtek.com.