CompoundTek steadfast with its Business Continuity Plans
Measures in place following “Circuit Breaker” announcement, facilitating both on-going operations and customer commitments
Singapore, 24th April, 2020 – On 3 April 2020, Singapore’s Multi-Ministry Taskforce (Singapore’s Taskforce) on the Coronavirus announced the implementation of an elevated set of safe distancing measures, as a “circuit breaker” to pre-empt the trend of increasing local transmission of COVID-19. Initially extended from 7 April 2020 to 4 May 2020, a further extension until 1 June 2020 was confirmed on the 21 April 2020. Most physical workplace premises are closed except for those providing essential services and in selected economic sectors critical to local and global supply chains. This includes the semiconductor sector and is therefore exempted from the suspension.
Such exemption, however, still necessitates companies like CompoundTek to operate with the minimum staff required without comprising both the ongoing, day-to-day operation and implementation of strict safe distancing measures.
Critical to our Business Continuity Plans is the success of our customers and in this regard, the team at CompoundTek wish to assure you that we have a robust global supply chain enabling us to continue to ship products in and out of all countries we are engaged in. Our commitment also extends to implementations of the following:
- End-to-end business continuity plans with some measure of agility to meet customer commitments.
- Supply chain activities for material supplies, foundry partners, post-fabrication partners and strategic logistic partners are meticulously operationalised for continued availability.
- “Working From Home” scheme has been activated for employees and contractors that can do so while on-site staff are required to adhere to Singapore’s Taskforce guidelines.
- Additional handshaking activities and beforehand planning are done to ensure continued smooth operations.
- All travel is disallowed and with leadership authorisation necessary should such a need arise.
- No large social contacts within teams and with all external parties, limited in frequency and size of the group to a minimum.
- Online meeting and video conferencing tools are in place with the use of such facilities taking precedence over are physical meetings and are actively utilised to remain connected with our customers and other partners.
- Employees are continually communicated with and are advised on additional hygiene practices and guidelines. Most importantly, their wellbeing is also monitored with regular check-ins.
- Employees are to ensure the physical distancing of at least 1m of clearance in seating arrangement and non-transient interaction.
- Employees are required to wear a mask when they are in office.
We would like to thank all our customers for your understanding and cooperation with us during such an unprecedented time. While guided by the Taskforce, CompoundTek continues to monitor and assess the fast-changing situation and is committed to communicating promptly, continually and transparently with customers on potential delays of shipments and any other issue that may arise from this situation, and thank you in anticipation of your understanding and commitment to the process.
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com